I am trying to figure out the climate on my planet. If there is an asteroid ring around the equator will it cool down the equator? And if it does cool down will the planet still be habitable?
My planet setup
- The planet has no axis tilt and a circular orbit.(no season change)
- Same day/night cycle as earth.
- One moon.
- Asteroid ring blocking sunlight cause the equator line to be in a total solar eclipse.
- No land mass along the equator only sea.
- There are three continents, one on the north hemisphere others on the south. The first one lies in between north polar and mid-latitude cell area. The second one is south-west from the first one and lies in between mid-latitude and Hadley cell area.
- Third one is south-east from the first one and lies in the Hadley cell area.