In the universe I am designing, an anthropomorphic species exists that can create fire at will. One normal human wants to trick others into thinking she is one of these creatures.
She wants to design a glove which produces little flames/sparks when it contacts human skin during hand-to-hand-combat, thereby demonstrating that she can create fire seemingly "at will." The fighting style is similar to MMA with fewer rules, which for this question means: a lot of skin is exposed, gloves are allowed, armor and other weapons are not allowed.
Is it feasible to create a glove that e.g. is coated with a material that sparks little flames when coming into contact with human skin?
Some points to keep in mind for creating this glove:
- The glove/flames should not hurt the wearer
- It is not important how big the flames are / if the flames damage the opponent (the psychological effect is enough)
- Technological level: I prefer ~15th century Europe, but you are free to choose whatever suits your idea
- It should be "reusable," so that you can hit the enemy multiple times with the "fire-glove" and produce flames/sparks each time
- The definition of "glove" for this question is "a covering for the hand made with a separate sheath for each finger and for the thumb"; I will not impose restrictions on weight/size/color/ … . This means you don’t have to restrict yourself to typical MMA gloves.
- It is not important where exactly the flames are created. This means it doesn't matter if your idea for example only works at the tip of the fingernail or only in the palm of the hand. But some words on the preferred fighting-style when using your idea would be nice.
If you need any more background information about the universe that this glove is supposed to work in or about the creatures that this normal human wants to imitate please have a look at my other question "The role of anthropomorphic foxes in a medieval army".
If you need to adjust the technological level, the attire of the combat, the damage of the glove or something else please feel free to do so.
The goal is to create a glove that produces little flames/sparks on contact with human skin.