I have a character that has the ability to slap people into next week (give or take a few days). The character has two people with them trying not to get caught by the government. Assume they are both trained in the killing and maiming arts (shooting, punching, stabbing, etc). This character can also kind of control how far in the future they slap people. A tap could be a few hours, and a big WHAP could be two weeks.
So now you know the time traveling team, let's talk about the government. Assume they have at their disposal; local PDs, HPs, state BIs, SWAT teams, plus agents from the FBI, CIA, HS, and other stuff. So, any government agency.
This might seem a bit one sided, BUT the time traveling team has a hacker friend who was able to erase them off the grid and get them randomizing IDs/credit cards/whatever (they can't be tracked via credit cards, cars, phones, whatever) AND they get early warnings of whenever the government finds them (a few hours to two days) AND facial recognition doesn't work on them (but if some random FBI agent was watching the Walmart checkout, they would see them). Basically, the government has to see you physically to be able to know where you are.
Some other details:
- the slapper can't slap themselves forward in time
- whenever slapped forward in time, the slapped don't feel anything, the scene just changes to whatever it is when they come back from no-time
- the slapped reappear within 10 feet of the slapper after getting slapped in time, with all clothes, guns, stuff they were holding, etc
- the government is trying to keep the public from finding out, but can do shootouts in the middle of the streets if they come up with a good cover story
- assume modern day technology, cultures, buildings, whatever
So what tracking methods or whatever would the government use to find and capture these three on the time travel team?