So, in this generic fantasy setting, where magic is technology, I have trouble regarding adventurers.
To avoid rolling up a new character every time, adventurers are rebuilt shortly after death at the nearest "checkpoint". There are several problems with this design choice, however:
- Checkpoints only rebuild the adventurers and their base gear (casual clothing and a frying pan, if you paid for it beforehand).
- After death, the adventurer's dead body and items will be there for a long time. Drone units can be recalled and trackers exist, but that's all.
- As this is not some cheesy MMORPG, whoever killed the player can and most likely will use these items.
This would not pose a problem if we weren't talking about Kar 98k rifles, crates of "LMAO I was almost banned" 5.56x45mm green tip and M855A1 rounds, and Steyr AUG A3 bullpup assault rifles.
I need to find a way to ensure the adventurers won't have their own weapons used against them, or at least, make the trick harder to pull off. Preferably by installing something directly onto the weapons
Priorities of this Firearm and Explosive Denial Mechanism:
- It can't be turned against the adventurers.
- It has to be hard to bypass by the enemy.
What sort of mechanism could I use?