3 of 9
added 277 characters in body
MarielS
  • 2.8k
  • 1
  • 10
  • 28

Predators part 2: Your ship was just boarded by murderous aliens; how do you survive?

This post is part two in a series about a species of predators attacking other species' ships for sport.

Your name is Human Joe. You are out in the middle of space on a long voyage with your crew mates when your worst nightmare happens: you get attacked by a species of bloodthirsty aliens who want to kill you all. Your ship and weapon technology is better than theirs, so ideally, you want to kill them before they can board your ship, but alas, let's assume you failed and horror of horrors, they got on board. How do you repel the invaders and survive?

The first post in this series has a fairly detailed description of what you are up against. (You are murderous alien pirates, how do you get onboard a victim's spaceship?)

You would like to stop the predators without destroying your own ship in the process, if you can.

To avoid unnecessary limitations, let's assume you were aware of the possibility of attack by these predators and took precautions. Anything you can come up with to defend yourself against them, you might have brought with you just in case.

Additional note: the metal used by the predators is durable enough to stop most projectiles. Fortunately for you, most of the less wealthy pirates attacking you can't afford much in the way of metal armor. But even a single piece can go a long way, since it can be reshaped as needed by the predator, who is often fast and skilled enough to use even a small shield to swat aside projectiles. If you're lucky, most of your assailants won't have it, but you might want to prepare for the chance that they do. Of course, they're hard enough to kill even without it...

Also, feel free to put yourself in the predators' shoes and comment how you might get around or out of any of the suggested solutions. This means war!

Bonus points: You (Human Joe) are alone in a part of the ship when a single alien pirate makes it past the closing bulkhead door and instantly spots you. What weapon or strategy would you like to be lucky enough to have at hand so that you are the one who walks away alive?

MarielS
  • 2.8k
  • 1
  • 10
  • 28