The Mute Charge: a expendable device used to make its surroundings nearly silent. I discovered the device while playing Cod: AW, and looking back on it now it would seem impossible to construct with modern physics and tech.
If these nifty devices were somehow given to us via plot device (aliens, ancient technology rediscovered, etc) What would it provide in terms of military ability?
- 20m radius of effectiveness
- The Charge essentially has the property to stop sound for around 10 seconds: any noise made in the radius it creates would be muffled, similar to a silencer except with area effect
- After 10 seconds, the charge would be expended, and all noise would resume to normal.
- The charge only stops Sound by pausing/slowing air particles: it does not affect motion of people, bullets, or projectiles
- The charge cannot be recycled or recharged: it would be useless after use
- being a new technology, these charges would be relatively expensive compared to other breaching charges.
No Hard Science is requested: just how these devices would effect current military operations if integrated.