I've got an old PC in my attic that is close to fifteen years old, I know it will still work if I was to clean the spider webs out of it and plug it in to a mains socket, this got me thinking, how long would modern solid state type technologies continue to operate after a collapse of civilization ?
- Collapse is not a nuclear event so no EMP issue.
- Collapse was relativity quick, no more then a year between inception and the end.
- Collapse does include a massive population decline.
- Collapse has cut all transportation and communications links beyond local areas.
- Collapse still allows for power generation, such as portable generators, solar or wind turbines. National power distribution networks have however failed.
- Technology level is the same as earth current.