I'm very interested in the SQUID from the sci fi movie Strange Days. For those who don't know, the SQUID is a headset thing that allows the wearer to record what was happening to him/her directly from the cerebral cortex and then experienced afterward by another person. It's essentially virtual reality but I'm very interested in it for my sci fi world but I don't wanna rip off Strange Days. What's a good generic type sci-fi-like name for this kind of technology? I'm asking basically for taking a V8 but just calling it vegetable juice.

  • $\begingroup$ Name questions like this are not a good fit for StackExchange. They're always too opinion based to fit their Q&A format. $\endgroup$ – Cort Ammon Aug 12 '17 at 21:55
  • $\begingroup$ I see that you are unregistered and asked a question before. If you would like to merge your accounts please follow these instructions. Please take the tour and visit the help center to learn how the site works. This question is very opinion-based and might therefore get closed. We don't know what contributes a "good word" for you and this site is dedicated to giving objectively correct answers, not brainstorm ideas for you. Have fun on the site! $\endgroup$ – Secespitus Aug 12 '17 at 21:56