TLDR: Where to hide small object (1 cm by 1.5 cm by 1 mm) in public places?
- outskirts of a small city
- single main road from city (4 lanes, 2 each way)
- off the main road is a suburb on each side, roads and houses, etc.
- the houses have small yards
- about 5 km away in 1 direction is the city
- about 1 km away in opposite direction is kind of rural, larger yards off a single main road with 2 lanes.
- closer to the city there is CCTV coverage, but further out is not covered
- the main character is a hacker who downloaded secrets from a secret government site
- my hacker lives in one of the houses with a small yard
- he stores the data he stole on a bunch of tiny storage devices (1cm * 1.5cm * 1mm - a bit larger than a MicroSD card)
- he knows that law enforcement are filing for a search warrant for his entire street (unrealistic IRL, but the government is different in this world)
- he needs to hide the data storage devices mentioned above around his area (anywhere from the city to the rural area)
- he would prefer to avoid private property and CCTV, but he's willing to break these rules if needed
Ideas so far
- inside drains
- buried in dirt next to the path
- behind street signs
- a few others I didn't like (glued under bins, stuck to cars) - it needs to still be there when he comes to collect them
He had about 15-25 of these storage devices that he needed to hide, and has already physically destroyed his computer. He doesn't want to hide them inside his house / yard.
Edits to answer questions:
Did he have complice, or guys who will accept to hide it in their yard ? or should it be only in public areas ? (@Kepotx)
No, he is on his own, He cares too much to put anyone else at risk
Does the character have any specific amount of preparation time? (@MissingPear)
He knows he has at least 12 hours, but it could be up to 18 hours before the police show up.
What is the purpose of hiding? (@Haha TTpro)
He is hiding them #1 to stop the government proving that he has the data, and #2 to stop the government destroying the data