We're talking about a late-middle age civilization. Actually magic is a thing in this world (pretty powerful magic). This magic works almost as low reality manipulation using your life force (most of the times). Since some people have amazing magical affinity but low prana runes are almost always used and sometimes life force can be damaged if you don't take care of it. People have different talents (as the 7 types of intelligence) so a person who's bad in alchemy probably can be an excellent healer.
These are the magic types of my world:
- Healing (white magic, shielding)
- Curses (dark magic, spiritual damage)
- Reinforcement (for armors, shields and weapons)
- Alchemy (it's more like turning matter from the enviroment to create material in a magical circle, the best alchemists can create even weapons or arrows)
- Magical combat, the art of enhance your physical stats with mana
- Elemental bending (almost blood, but this is forbidden magic)
How can a medieval civilization create an educational system that allows the monarchy to use these mages in the battlefield?
Something I missed. Almost all are young (12-18 years old, when prana starts to activate)