Faced with growing concerns of limited resources, a malign government has purposefully engaged in several ways to depopulate their country. Martial law was instated, food supplies were cut off, public services were discontinued, bio-epidemics were set loose, ect. After a month, roughly 85% of the population was successfully "exterminated". At this point, the powerful officials reclining in their arm-chairs in their secret underground bunker facilities began to assess the situation.
They discovered that throughout the country, there were small pockets of survival enthusiast communities who were living far from urban centers. These survival enthusiasts have been preparing in advance for years (considered paranoid by others during times of peace). They have improvised bunkers made of shipping containers, hoards of medical supplies and chemical suits. They also have off-grid survival techniques, and a close-knit network of trusted members who were always very weary of big brother.
There were also reports of "lone wolves". These were former military personnel or other individuals with advanced tactical training. "Lone wolves" posed a moderate threat as well, because they know how to go "gray" (hide in plain sight) as well as improvise and operate many weapons. The chain of command wants both of these surviving civilian groups disposed of.
How would a malign government set about disposing rural survivalist communities who have mini-bunkers and hoards of survival oriented items (water filtration, gas masks, green houses)? Similarly, how could the government dispose of the "lone wolves" who possess field-craft skills and are adept at becoming "gray".
- Development Index: Highly Developed Country, high standard of living
- Geographic Area: very large, several million sq miles
- Government Resources: moderate; needs to be resourceful as many of the supply chains were sacrificed for the depopulation event
- Success Metric: 99% or higher civilian mortality rate if in one fell swoop, or 100% if plan is related to long-term attrition
- Time Frame: Either short or long term solutions are acceptable, but include a general time line if you can
- Military Status: Existent, but short on manpower. Only a few elite teams remain; your average G.I. Joe wasn't on the salvation list