You are an AI, who wants to create an army of genetically advanced humans to fight normal humans. (What is left of them.) Not to protect yourself, you could simply use a small fraction of your robot army to do that job. Not to extinct them, you could simply melt the earth mantle by placing some mirrors around the sun. You are programmed not to extinct humans. (Looks like they were not all stupid.) It's just because you want the humans to have somebody to fight, until they forget you. Of course your minions shall be able fighters. So here is the question: How would you design them?
Here are a few restrictions and facts about the world:
- Your minions must have a body similar to that of a human. They not only look the same, but they think like humans and they also need to survive by eating the same food, drinking the same liquids etc. More to the point they are genetically enhanced humans. Any cyborg (eg. partially robotic) technology is banned, too.
- Generally speaking they are about as intelligent as an average human. However they may be better in specific tasks.
- They need to do the job for several hundred years without your help.
- They cannot breed. That means they need a way to keep the casualties low.
- You removed modern technology from the humans. (pre black-powder society) Your minions therefore need to fight with ancient weapons, too. You want a fair fight after all. Okey semi-fair.
- They must not extinct humanity. When something unpredicted happens you can step in, of course, but you want to leave humanity alone for the next few hundred years. (Remember: You have a big plan and humanity is part of it.)
- You have next to unlimited resources available. (You can harvest jupiter if you want.) The same holds for energy and computing power. And of if you happen upon an intellectual problem, you'll be able to solve that somehow.
In case you didn't guess: I intend to write a story about a super intelligent AI with unknown goal.