I'm trying to get some of my citizens abducted from a planet and return them later...alive!
How do I do it?
If the following is excluded:
- Beaming/teleportation - as it involves killing the individual/s and rebuilding them bit by itty-bitty little bit at the destination
- Entering the atmosphere or landing the abductor/s ship or shuttlecrafts on the planet
- I have a timespan of centuries so don't have the resources for large ship maintenance or spare shuttlecraft
- but you can also say the ships can't enter to avoid detection by planetary authorities for more advanced civilisation scenarios.
- eg how would aliens upduct humans on Earth/future Earth avoiding all our modern/future survelliance tech. (Avoiding re-entry would be the most obvious solution if the shielding technology was malfunctioning)
So how do I do it?
The closest question I could find is about a gravity beam lifting a small ship from the planet but it doesn't answer my question and I actually don't know if it is feasible for abducting humans without a cocoon of metal surrounding them.
I'm also not quite concerned with how many humans I can abduct without being noticed. I don't mind a few urban legends over time.
Everything listed above is the main criteria for the question. The rest of the details listed below is just icing.
I would prefer (but not absolutely required):
- realistic non-magic based solutions
- this does not exclude any "sufficiently advanced tech" as being acceptable
- if necessary some advanced tech can be discreetly sent down to the surface
- but it would be smallstuff like drones or swarms of drones/ portals/ launching pads/ etc.
- a fast transport - preferably without the abductee/s in question figuring out what is happening
- capable of abducting several humans at once
- the abductee/s to be extremely disoriented when they arrive - alive
- capable of returning abductee/s back to the planet surface - alive
- the abductee/s to experience a bright light - to help with the disorientation and to help mask the method of transport
- no loud sounds/smells/sights detectable more than a short distance away - don't want the wider world knowing someone has been abducted...again
Story settings that may help define the answers further:
- abductee/s are human - have normal human requirements regarding acceptable survivable conditions
- set in the future where space transport technology has been fully developed
- planet has a planetary ring
- no man-made satellites/garbage around the planet
- there is possibly something natural/man-made inhibiting radio signals which would result in either (to fit various scenarios)
- no long distance communication networks on the planet
- interfence in abductees ships preventing them from shielding and becoming visible to advance detection tech