Without the use of an imaginary near-infinite power source like an arc reactor, but allowing for advances in cybernetic and human-machine technology, what kind of Superpowers can be gained with cybernetics? What would be normal for the average Joe?
A similar question has been brought up in Powering Adam Jensen, but it seems like the answers require energy technologies we don't have.
Some obvious ones that come to mind are superhuman strength, speed, and embedded military technology, a la Adam Jensen. What else is possible with this limitation?
EDIT As per suggestion, here are some parameters:
- The powers do not have to be constantly available, but should last for at least a few minutes, enough that when you need it, you have it to complete the task you need the powers for
- No Nanotechnologies that aren't already available to us
- The powers should be made available without constantly sitting down and recharching them at an outlet, batteries and solar arrays, or other ways to make charging portable is acceptable
- Using the powers should not render the user incapable of regular function. For example, you can lift a car and drain most of your energy, but your leg and spine cybernetics should still work like normal, barring extreme situations
- With the exception of nanotechnologies, the aforementioned power source, and genetic modifications, advances in related technologies is allowed