I was thinking of a world where environmentalists are voted into power, and have decided that humans should no longer pollute the natural resources or cause any sort of disturbance to other living creatures. Following this, all the land on Earth is completely evacuated and left for the forests to grow back. All zoos have their animals released to their specific habitats. Humans decide to spend the rest of their lives in deepsea underwater cities which are covered by glass domes:
Industrial factories have been shifted to the dark side of the moon, so that the earth isn't polluted, and so that the moon doesn't look too bad from earth (they don't want to scare the howling wolves). Air is transferred into the underwater cities from the outside, which is largely purified due to the increased growth of vegetation outside.
Because of the efforts to maintain the air purity, the environmentalists have banned all sorts of intentional human-caused combustion and burning that takes place on earth, whether on the land or in the underwater cities. Although the environmentalists would love it, natural calamities like forest fires and volcanic eruptions are unavoidable, although they would immediately send a crew to lessen the impact of such natural calamities. My question is, would there be any major consequence due to this ban? I thought about a few effects this ban would have:
- All kitchen stoves would have to be electrically heated, or induction based.
- All vehicles and machines would have to be made to run on electricity, and not fuel.
- No more barbecue chicken (the saddest part)
- No campfires and cooking marshmallow on a stick (although you can electrically heat marshmallows, but not as fun)
- Smoke signals and flares won't be allowed, so if you're lost, you're lost forever with no way to signal for help. (I'm not sure about if glow-sticks would be good for signaling purposes)
- (Smokers better head for therapy and rehabilitation)
I have been able to think of these effects of the ban. But I am unsure of any long term or crucial consequence of such a ban. I would appreciate some help. Thanks.