I'm a roleplayer in a game called NationStates, which features hundreds of thousands of nations living in different parts of a virtual world, assuming they all occupy the land area of the average country (approx. 770,000 km^2).
That would make somebody say...that is one humongous world. Given today's technology, it would take years, if not decades, for even the fastest cargo ships to sail from country A to country B (Decades-long road trips? Decades-long road trips).
Notwithstanding the difficulties of trade, travel, and diplomacy in such a humongous world, how possible would it be to create a world with these following criteria?
- 5x the radius of Earth
- similar gravitational pull (give or take 2% of Earth's average gravitational pull)
- same atmosphere
- same proportion of land and water as Earth's
- same average temperature and climate distribution as Earth's
- same chemical composition as Earth's
Note that I am allowing for these radical differences between Earth and the hypothesized Mega-Earth:
- flora and fauna
- tectonic plates
- everything else not listed in the previous list of criteria