Is it possible for a resourceful country to understand how enemy computers work, assuming they have easy access only to enemies game consoles?
The situations is as following:
- CPU/GPU with unknown instruction set that is quite different from your own something like Intel i960 compared to x86. The rest of hardware are off the shelf components.
- Their programs are written in unknown programming language
- The operating system is different
- No reference manuals are available like books, source code and so on.
- Game consoles and games are easily obtainable in whatever quantity is needed.
- Technology level is similar to Earth in the 90's, both countries are on roughly equal footing.
Servers and workstations are under export controls, very few of them could be obtained from clandestine operations. They use version of the OS used in the console consoles, like OrbisOS, FreeBSD derivative used on Playstation 4.