I'm designing a medieval era game(dark/light magic influenced) and I need some inspiration for the architecture.
- Preferred 14th century or lower
- Celtic/Nordic is preferred, but any culture is fine
- It can be highly decorated, or covered in moss and dirt. I don't mind a bit
- Preferred stone or wood-based
- No houses, unless churches, occasionally castles.
A perfect example of unique architecture to my standards would be the inverted tower, which I found by chance.
I've googled keywords for this question (such as "old 14th century unique architecture"), however more than half isn't all that unique, and the other is modern "architecture", like this. I don't want that kind of unique.
After googling a little bit, I've found quite a few link that have proven helpful for both architecture and nature sights. I've listed one below(I'll update with more links when I find more):