So I have a concept in mind for a future dystopian world.
- Technology exists on par with modern technology.
- This technology is not widespread; in fact, it is quite rare.
- Most humans do not know how to create the tech that exists and are only occasionally aware with how to fix things.
- Normally available tech has devolved to a more mechanical state, sorta steam-punk-esque.
- Most humans live in walled cities. There isn't really government beyond a small regional scale. The largest would probably be the size of Rhode Island.
- Small caliber fire arms are available, though not widely.
One of the cities is going to attack the other. One of the primary resources at their disposal are small mammals (anything from the mouse up to say a badger).
They have available a catapult or two and want to launch animals into the city to cause mayhem before they attack in full. This city retains some pre-whatevertheapocalypsewas technology in the form of a modern communication network and several automated perimeter turrets (effective range is around 100 yards). The turrets would decimate the attackers trying to breach the walls.
- I am not looking for the standard, launch a dead carcass or two and allow disease to spread
- I want the animals to arrive in the city ALIVE.
- Well...not all the critters have to make it in alive...it is expected that some percentage will not make it.
How would you deliver the critters via catapult?
- Please include delivery methods (methods must include a catapult) for both small (mice) and large (american or honey badger) mammals. More care should be taken in the delivery of the badgers...they are harder to find and train.
What critters (anything mammalian in the size range mentioned) would most effectively destroy/disable/diminish the effectiveness of the communications and defense networks?
- Minimal training of the critters is allowed.