In many RPG games, monster materials (items that we can get from slaying them which are usually used for production/creation of many crafts used to run the economy) drops/scavenged/extracted from monsters that makes the lives of human miserable.
Let's just say that we have a hammer space where we can put our dragon innards/flesh/parts/skin/bones, by any means how do we preserve this parts to prevent the item quality from deteriorating. Please do note that we're not going to use dragon liver or other innards/parts as food but alchemical ingredients.
By Item quality, I mean that it retains its freshness or original state so that it can be handed over to craftsmen to preserve the materials further or be utilized.
- Dragon Flesh lasts for 4 days before it spoils, this is generally consumed as food as if it is smoked properly it can last for 7 years in barrels. But you can't do that in the wilds so generally salting it will make it last for 2 weeks
- Dragon Blood spoils in a matter of hours but also fetches quite a high price as it is used as regents for many high quality potions and used for high quality armors. Generally has many uses.
- Dragon Plates and Scale don't spoil however can easily decrease in quality over time if the spoiling parts(Flesh, blood) are not separated or cleaned from it. Older dragons have plates while the younger ones have scales.
- Dragon Organs(Liver, Heart, brains, Kidney and etc) Spoils in 3 days during those 3 days their quality quickly goes down the closer it gets to its expiration.
- Dragon Innards are purpose made containers as finish product and don't spoil for a week.
- Dragon Lard doesn't spoil however decreases its quality over time if not preserved skillfully.
- Chemical preservatives are good however they affect the quality of the parts as such can't be used much for its organs and blood.
- General preservation of meat (Salting, Smoking, Fermenting) will destroy the quality of the organs and innards.
- Chemically preserving both blood and organs will worsen the quality.
- Freezing the blood and lard will slowdown the deterioration quite a lot and it also preserve the organs. However the batteries for the freezer last only for 2 weeks at most.
- All organs, flesh, meat and blood can only last for 2 weeks in hammer space with preservation however since the hunting grounds are quite far (takes 2 months for an expedition to go back and forth on a normal basis).