You don't know this, but in the program that is your consciousness there are break points. I.e., points in which the program stops, and you have a chance to reflect on it and perhaps change it.
The way this works is that you suddenly have an out-of-body experience, in which you realize that time has stopped and you have an ability to change certain things about yourself (see details below). You know that once you 'resume' yourself you will forget that this ever happened, and you don't remember it ever happening before although you are aware it's possible that it had.
What you can do:
- Erase / alter memories
- Change some of your biases (e.g. improve your attitude towards certain people/ experiences) inc. instincts
- Put something in your 'think queue' (e.g. recall something, consider an idea - perhaps this idea)
- Think long and hard about things so when you resume you have an answer
- You can't stay in this limbo forever - few hours at most.
- The break points happen at an individual distribution. for some it's every few minutes, for some once a month. This can't be changed.
If this was true, what effect would it have on your life?
things I considered so far:
- If it happens to you a lot, people will consider you extremely sharp smart.
- people will try to erase traumas, which might backlash and cause them to return as no lessons were learned.