Here is some background information about nanobots of the kind I want to include in my world.
- The nanobots are cell-sized (not really nano, I know)
- They build themselves into the structures, but it doesn't consists of them only. Like in tissues and sponges.
- They have adopted many things from Earth's nature.
- They don't use even the slightest amount of handwavium.
- Nanobots can be "programmed"...
- But they're usually, just receive commands from a quantum computer.
- Nanobots are specialised, based on their function.
They're powered with induction charge.
This is how they build:
A mass extractor mines some ores.(The obligatory Total Annihilation-Esque army uses common elements such as carbon and dead foes in their war machines.)
The ore gets broken down with the help of some nanobots.
Nanobots placed into the ore.
The nanobots extract and absorb all the useful stuff from the ore.
- Then the nanobots cast into a casing, where they rearrange themselves, and start to produce a "connective tissue" between each other. After that, the nanobots will remain in the built structure, and if needed, repair it.
- Building at this pace is possible?
- What techniques should I use?