Dear NSA intern reading this post, I don't actually intend to start a coup
Dear @DasBeasto - we'll be the judge of that. - NSA
Consider a country pretty much exactly like modern day America. The government (allegedly?) has their nose in everything that happens online. However, online communication is a great way to get your voice heard and reach millions of people. So going online and recruiting people to participate in your coup, planning and staging, and even initiating the attack would be perfectly facilitated by an online interface...if it weren't for those pesky government snoops that would immediately shut it down and arrest all those involved.
So my questions is what would be the best was to use an online interface to facilitate your coup. Would you use a VPN and only allow access to people you personally screen? Would you hide on a hard to reach page on the deep web like the silk road? How could you make sure your coup is successful without the government interfering?
- Lets assume 70% of the country agrees with you and wouldn't rat you out/might participate, 30% disagree with your stance and would rat you out to the government if they discover your plans.
- You need your message to reach many people, your plan isn't something a couple thousand people could carry out.
- I want to use the term "online" loosely, any other high-tech communications such as RFID's, QR codes, or SMS Texts can be used if it fits better, even if they don't connect to the internet.
- If you use encryption by some means it is ok if the government find the communication as long as they can't decipher the plans or stop the communication.
- This has to be technology the average person could figure out/be taught, remember we need many many people to be able to participate.
- I'm picturing a standard brute force coup, but would be interested in others
The best answer will give a way for this way of communication to spread to as many people as possible as quickly as possible without the government or those who don't agree with your ideals figuring out the plan.