I've envisioned my specie called the stalker as:
- Humanoid about same height, strength & speed as humans
- Three pairs of eyes placed horizontally (Near UV, Visible, Near IR)
- Lightspeed neurotransmission
- Active camouflage like cuttlefish
- Biological radio for high bandwidth communication, range 1m
- Spoken language for most of the communication
- IQ similar to humans.
In order to handle all this sensors + biological radio + active camouflage my explanation is that it uses molecular transistors as biological computer to help the brain neurons. The things that bothers me is that I need them to have IQ similar to humans. My story setting for stalker being primitive and learning from the humans doesn't feel right if they're some super Einstein's. Why they didn't figured out things themselves. On the other hand they need processing power to handle all those biological sensors.
So I'm thinking for explanation like both humans & stalker have about same CPU which is general intelligence, but stalker has additional specialized parts in the brain that just handle his sensors, radio & camouflage like GPU, PPU & DSP do for the computer.
Is it plausible that stalker IQ is similar to ours?