Our forces have surrounded the modern city of Vale; a large metropolis of over 5 million citizens who all have decided to try and rebel against us and form their own country. The city has large dams and industrial cattle farms; food and water are not concerns, nor is power as the city also uses the dams for water. In order to make an example of this kind of naughty behavior our king has decided to destroy the city.
Before a heavy assault besieges the city, the king has decided to first send in a squad of 50 of his highest trained soldiers to do as much chaos as possible to the city first in order to cause as much chaos as possible. He has given them a budget of 10 million dollars and 3 months, they need to cause as much chaos to the Vale rebellion as possible. What actions can these soldiers do in the 3 months to cause the most mayhem?
There are a few things to consider;
- Let's define Mayhem as the combined factors of damage repair cost and death tolls.
- The city and its land must remain standing, but not its people.
- The city is collectively rebelling and therefore there is no rebel leader.
- Please refrain from answers resulting in the demolition of the city; including nukes and large scale destruction.
- The citizens are rebelling because of the problems with this city design.