A fledgling sea-bound nation (with a good amount of money) has built a considerable size navy including several battleships with these specifications:
- Length: 1,500 feet
- Beam: 120 feet
- Draft: 35 feet
- (16) 16 inch/55 cal guns in 4 turrets. (Mostly for shooting ramjet-powered suicide drones)
- (4) Electromagnetic Railguns in 4 turrets
- (8) 166mm guns in 6 turrets (Something like this but a little bigger)
- (4) 20mm Close-In Weapon System
- (3) Laser Weapon System
- (10) .50 inch machine guns
- (3) 64 cell Vertical launching system.
- 2 Helicopters
- 4 UAVs and supporting equipment
- 4-core nuclear reactor
8 pump-jets (6 stern, 2 bow)Meant ducted propellers
- Speed: 40 to 45 knots
- Belt: 16 inches – Steel-ceramic composite
- Conning tower: 8 to 16 inches – SCC
- Deck: 1 inch – Steel
- Main deck: 12 inches – SCC
- Fore and aft armoured bulkheads: 10 inches – SCC
- Main turrets: 16 inches face, 15 inches other sides – SCC
- Secondary turrets and railguns: 1 inch – SSC
- Reactor: 8 inches – SSC
- VLS: 10 inches – SSC
What roles could such a ship fill for a medium-sized navy in the modern world?
Note: I don't need a lecture on the obsoletion of battleships and that sort of stuff, I am pretty well-acquainted with such things already.
Also, these are the only major warships that this nation has for now.