I was playing From Dust by Ubisoft when this idea come into mind.
I wonder if there is a game that has been developed?
(or perhaps new game can be develop) that has the following features.
Objects and entities in the game:
- A universe consist of many planets.
- Planet consist of many colonies, elements, resources, and natural forces.
- A colony consist of many peoples (population), territory (borders), strength (power, economy and influence).
- A player who start a colony on a planet and control elements within his colony borders.
- Challenges, objectives and natural events occurred on the planet.
A player start a colony. A colony starts somewhere on a planet.
Within the borders of a colony's territory and elements that is available on that territory, the player control his colony and elements available on their territory to complete objectives and challenges of the game.
The main objective of the game is to grow the player's colony population and strength, broaden their territory borders, and increase his colony power & resources to conquer a planet.
By gaining enough power, energy and resources needed, a strong colony can then migrate to another planet and start another new colony.
Top players are ranked by the amount of accumulative resources, strength and influential powers they have from their colonies.
Game physics: Inspired by the game From Dust. This game will embrace the concept of element control where players are given the power to control natural elements on the planet. Like earth, water, fire, wind, creatures and seeds.
Gameplay: Like many existing strategy game. They may fought wars, make allies, countries etc.