In an all out battle between two forces with one side having such advanced technology and weapons that they appear as magic (from now on called wizards) and the other side have nothing but spears and maybe basic bows(from now on called cavemen), could the cavemen still win if they outnumber the wizards?
Some more info on the wizards:
- They can throw fire/plasma
- They have firearms and bombs
- They have advanced knowledge of different sciences such as math and physics
- They are somewhat small in population, maybe with only 3,000 people or so.
- Their homes are in what appear to be modern (for our standards) houses and buildings.
- They have an extreme phobia of air travel so they have not invented planes or rockets at this time.
Some more info on the cavemen:
- Their most advanced technology comes in the form of sharpened sticks and simple bows. Some of the smarter cavemen have even started putting sharpened rocks on the ends of the spears and arrows.
- While they may seem incredibly stupid to the wizards, the cavemen have the potential to become quite smart, they just haven't reached that point in their civilization yet.
- They are pretty large in population, a low estimation puts them in the 300,000 range.
- They live in caves and mud hovels
Is there a way for the cavemen in this scenario to win an all out war with the wizards? The main war goals of both sides is to completely destroy the other. Peace is not an option.
Is the population of the cavemen large enough to eventually take over the wizards? Do I need more? Can I get by with less?
After trying to genetically engineer themselves to make them stronger/smarter/etc they accidentally unleashed a virus that affected the entire wizard population that makes it incredibly hard to conceive. They blame it on their desires to mess with biology and now most forms of biology are strictly taboo.
The wizards used to keep to them selves and were a peaceful people, the cavemen were jealous and afraid of the "magics" that they witnessed and decided it was an affront to their God so the cavemen decide to wipeout the wizards. The wizards, in self defense decide the only way to stay secluded and alone is to wipe out the cavemen.
The territory of the wizards is quite small, about the size of a small urban town in Utah: 16 square miles. The wizards are stationary and don't want to leave their home. The cavemen are nomads moving from place to place and that's how they happen upon the wizards.