By now many of you have seen those apps and sites that predict the way you'll die, some of them even going as far as telling you the day and time. Well what if that were real....to an extent?
Imagine every country had a public government office specifically for reading details about your future death. Appointments would need to be made several months in advance and once there the staff will sit you in a quiet room with a machine interface that reads out the details of your death. This prediction would be highly accurate but in the case of murders or accidents it doesn't imply who the offending party was, in fact all the system provides is a following in the template shown below:
- Name: Tom Smith
- Age: 47
- Date of Death: 11/08/2020
- Time of Death: 14:02
- Description of Death: Exsanguination (Sufficient blood loss to cause death)
The system would work by taking a blood sample from the user (possible during the booking period) and using some analytical quantum computation to reach an end state to the user's life. The technique or software used is highly classified and is unlikely to be leaked to the black market / public space.
- You can only book an appointment once every 6 or so months.
- Government agencies can formally request data for help in crimes investigations and intelligence gathering.
- Information learnt during these sessions will be printed on a certified documented.
- Trying to desperately change or follow the prediction has been documented to increase chances of said event happening.
- Only a small percentage of people have seen a active change on their prediction (not all people would bother to check again).
As a consequence to the above one can imagine life insurance companies trying to exploit this to make the most out of their customers whilst the military might use it to select soldiers for certain operations and such. There'd also be other implications as a whole but what's the biggest change to our modern or rather daily lives?