I am trying to build a world which has a bit larger gravity force than earth, 1.25g. And I was wondering which impact could this have on its geology and life evolution.
I think that with a higher gravity two things would be true:
- No flying species, because it would be harder to lift of the ground.
- No big mountain ranges. Maybe the higher altitude of a mountain would be around 3000 meters.
Maybe most animals would be relatively short but very robust, so they can support the weight. Compared to earth life form they would be slower but much stronger.
What do you think?
- The Atmosphere composition is similar to Earth
- The Star is similar to Sun
- The Planet has a moon big enougth to keep its axis stable
- The Planet is a bit closer to its star, so its hotter, but not too much (0,9 AU)