It's a few years from now, and someone needs killing at a remote secure facility, where a dangerous AI is being developed by a terror organization hiding behind a respectable corporate front, which prevents my organization from launching an outright missile strike against the facility. After much effort, I now have an agent inside the facility.
However, the villains are genre-savvy, so:
- Everyone at the facility has always-on implanted devices that constantly transmit video (from a diamond shaped sensor on one's forehead), a wide array of bio-signals, including heart-rate and other standard metrics, as well as real-time streams on the content of the gut and lungs, GPS with centimeter accuracy.
- There are 3D scanning sensors in every room and hallway that store volumetric voxel data at cubic micron resolutions for months.
- The food comes in the form of tamper-proof containerized MREs. The water/soda/juice comes from a secure, modular supply that is refreshed under security oversight. There is no alcohol on base, except in the medical facility, which my agent, as non-medical personnel, has no direct access to.
- There are armed guards sweeping the facility at a randomized intervals, with a maximum 5 minute interval between sweeps, with canines trained to detect explosives and common poisons. All labs and personnel residences have secure carded and biometrically protected doors, and are designed to be fully visible from the hallways across glass walls.
- A full weapon check of belongings and an intrusive body CAT-scan is done for all arrivals, as well as any incoming shipments. This includes a radiation scan.
- Electricity is limited to 5-Volt USB-C ports, except in the secured server rooms. There is no access to gas-stoves. No animals besides the K9 units are allowed on base.
There is a common dining hall, and all staff have individual sleeping quarters (all subject to monitoring, of course). Labs house 5-20 people, and the full staff is about 250. The agent has access to most labs, including the one of their target, but no direct access to sleeping quarters, security center, facility maintenance areas, server rooms or medical area.
Yet, for the safety of the nation, one of the researchers must perish. I have one agent inside the facility. Yet it is imperative that the agent not be captured, lest brain-damaging truth serums used on them would extract a confession and the scandal could bring my organization down. How can he/she do it and avoid detection for at least 5 days, which is half the average interval between (the randomly timed) arrivals of transport shuttles (access is by military helicopter or boat) at the facility?
More specifically, I'm still thinking poison. Is it possible to poison someone, and have it be slow-acting enough that my agent can get away? (I am however open to other avenues if poison does not work).