Ok so we are in a world of magic in medieval age. And i am world building, i just need to further understand the magic that i had made with limitation stated below so it can be assumed that this is world building as it will affect the world that i had made
Medieval magic focuses primarily in elemental effect(Fire, water, earth and wind) and ethereal/metaphysical effect(soul, assuming it does exist) mind alteration does exist but it is rare.
We have our NEET protagonist who is a prodigy in both physics, chemistry(Phd level on both) and programming could affect his understanding of magic and how it can be applied?
for example Munroe effect for armor piercing attacks, Electrical acceleration to have a railgun/coilgun, continuous casting with the help of looping rune(program) and etc.
you can assume runecrafting is almost the same as programming and can be fueled by either mana(internal magic), prana(external magic or worlds magic)
Limitations of magic is stated in laws below
Law of magic - Every magician worth his salt knows this, this is the limitation of what magic can do.
- Law of equivalent exchange - You can't create more than what you have given. (Can be bypassed by Philosophers Stone)
- Law of Preservation - You can't create anything out of nothingness.
- Law of Noise - The more magicians are in the vicinity the harder it is to cast magic and its tendency to fail increases as well.(Can be bypassed if one recieved the God of Silence's blessing or massive rituals)
- Law of Provision - Perversion of natures creation otherwise sentient will be reverted back to its original state or at the very least whats left of it in consideration of the first law.
- Law of world - The world will always reject perversion of its reality.
- Law of Time - No one can go to the future or past, offender will face the wrath of the gods and the world.