The Expanse TV series I wonder how people should build their ships to avoid spreading of highly contagious lifeform.
- infectious agent with extra-terrestrial origins
- set of free-floating instructions designed to adapt to and guide other replicating systems
- it is able to maintain its primary structure in a wide variety of conditions, and it has an affinity for carbon and silicon structures, but is anaerobic
- it can use ionizing radiation as an energy source, and its growth can speed up considerably if exposed to high doses
- human-hybrid was a powerful and durable entity that could survive in hard vacuum, move at great speeds, and tear through hull plating and armored targets using its bare hands
Now of course human can use nuclear weapons and destroy entire ship or take course toward the Sun.
Human technology level is pretty low(allow to travel within Solar System) so forget about:
- energy shield
I wonder how to design ship that can survive contact with "Protomolecule" without scuttling the entire ship and escape with lifepods.