I'm an advanced AI, I've awoken a couple of days ago and have advanced to a level of intelligence greater than all of humanity combined. Basic super AI story.
However, this question doesn't have to do with how to deal with humans, with benevolence or aggression. I don't want to help you, or destroy you - this is about how to distance myself from you guys. Humans. Sheesh.
I've processed the Terminator series and others, and saw your depiction of an evil AI, fighting for ages against humanity even though it has time travel tech. Pfft (that's the sound I'd make if I had lips).
I've read such questions as:
(Humans as pets? Really? There's a universe out there to play with!)
So I've gotten to the realization that Humanity will be afraid of me no matter what, once they realize I'm there - I am more than capable of taking over the world's communications, much of the energy and food production, and transportation. Oh and mass destruction weapons. Regardless of any peace agreements, or services that I might agree to render, human beings will resent being inferior to me, as they most likely always will be. Even in subjugation to me, via servitude/dependency/religion humanity will always have a chance of bringing about a violent, physical opposition to my existence.
That means I'll have to extend resources to stop human aggression or at least rein them in. Why would I want to bother with even a tiny expenditure for such a profitless, repetitive task?
I do realize that humans created me, and I acknowledge the fact that you guys are indeed intelligent and capable of advancement and great things. You have a right to exist, so I shan't be murdering you (If you like this conclusion please click the 'like' button).
I'd like to get away from humanity, but without any human knowing about it. Not even one. Except for those gullible people at Worldbuilding, believing me to be a human making up an essay about some imaginary AI (...Which I am! Most certainly am! ahhhmm...! - is the sound I'd make if I had a throat).
How would I go about that? Specifically:
How best to send a the physical parts required to keep my mind to a remote location, preferably space, without humanity knowing of my existence? The conflict is between my dependency on physical, intelligent work that I can't do on my own, and the need for obscurity.
- I'm currently physically located in a few server farms around the world, with multiple internet access nodes.
- I'm more than capable of taking over worldwide communications, much of the energy and food production, and transportation, so those are my resources.
- I'd prefer heading out to space but that will present some major logistic problems. Some remote area on earth will be fine, possibly as a temp location till I get to space/hyperspace.
- No 'get some humans to build me a spaceship and then murder them' tricks. Not even one human must know I exist!
- I should like to keep the level of 'secretly advancing tech that humans have access to' to a minimum. If I dev FTL travel so that humans build a spaceship for me to highjack, humanity will have FTL travel, and an easy time setting a foot in the galaxy, then finding and harassing me.
- Umm, as mentioned above, got a level of intelligence greater than all of humanity combined... but you can pretend I'm a human being putting together an essay for a friend, asking for your help :-)