NOTE: This doesn't imply the lack of any society whatsoever. Imagine all the modern conveniences and technology of today, except instead of someone being 'American' or 'German' they merely identified as members of a single world civilization under a global government.
Succinctly speaking: it's a global nation-state, in that all peoples are united under a single global nation which is ruled by a single world government. To add some specificity, I'll narrow it down to a few key issues (answer in a few sentences or less):
- What are the main advantages of such a system? The disadvantages? List 2-3 for each, but very concisely (a short phrase describing each).
- Does this eliminate any societal wrongs present in our current world? Touch on one with more detail or name a several with 1-2 sentences each.
- Does this add any additional sociopolitical issues not currently present in our own? Again, elaborate on one or briefly mention a few.
- What would be the main concern(s) of this government? Expanding the human empire to the stars? Solving world hunger? etc. (same rules apply as before.)
- Superman: Red Son envisioned a Utopian global government composed entirely of artists, philosophers, and thinkers. Is this depiction realistic? Would 'government' as we know it exist in this world, or would it be fundamentally different? Explain a few (brief) reasons why.
- John Locke once wrote that the existence of man in organized society was an inevitability of human nature. Is the existence of individual nations an 'inevitability'? Explain why in a medium-sized paragraph or less.