But what about another element, wind?
There's the jet-dragon, but it was deemed infeasible for various reasons and the hypothesis was that its propulsion was intended to be a form of navigation. This creature does not have to be a flying creature or a dragon, or push air out of some hole (but it can be.)
Criteria that I am looking for:
- The creature can use powerful wind forces to frighten, disarm, confuse, disable, kill, or flee from other animals.
- The former criterion means "our ability to blow with our mouths" or small winged animals "flapping their wings" is not a sufficient answer.
- The ability to push air can come from any part of their body, even an imaginary structure that you invent within the realm of science. I'm not constraining how it comes to be.
- It needs to be strong and usable. For the purpose of this question, let the force of its wind be sufficient to kill small animals (with or without combination with the environment), frighten large animals or render itself difficult to be preyed upon, or retrieve food in some manner with wind.
- If its wind power is for fleeing, let your creativity fly (pun maybe intended.)
So I propose the question: How do you get an animal with wind power?