In a world where every human can fly, what would a popular sport look like? What would be the goals, the main rules and the necessary equipment?
To be precise about human capabilities:
- Flying is a psychokinetic activity: humans don't have natural wings, nor do they need an artificial device.
- Flying is very similar to walking and running:
- It'is learned early during the child development, at the same time toddlers learn to walk.
- It isn't cognitively heavy, just as simple as walking.
- It's energy-consuming: even if you stay immobile in the air, you'll make an effort similar to a jogging.
- The maximum speed and acceleration when flying are just a bit greater than when running.
By the way, in order to be popular, a sport should fulfil some criteria:
- It can be played by kids during the school playtimes, which means that the sport isn't dangerous, the rules aren't too complicated and the game duration can be easily adjusted.
- It doesn't require any specific equipment, at least in a simplified form: see for instance how one just need a ball and nothing else to play (association) football.
- It's enjoyable to watch, which means that both spectacular individual actions and great collective game should be possible.