I'm a Father. Through the love that we share, I protect my children, show them how to fight. There was time when we don't have to fight, but the Stupi wants our Lovestones for his so-called 'industry'. So.
It was the fifth year of the world. Their attacks is less and less frequent. Maybe he is losing interest in killing us. I feel less my children dead from the their skirmish. But things are not getting better. A strange disease is spreading.
It started at the borders, no doubt from some evil scheme the Stupi had thought of. My children showed no apparent symptoms that the Mothers could do about. They just suddenly turned ill in a few days and then their love winked out. The Hight Father knew about this, but he had not thought of way to stop it, yet.
Feeling the love of my children winked out all over the Land, I wanted to freak out, but couldn't - thank to the Mothers. I suspect most of us had been infected, but I'm not sure. Are we all doomed? O Spirits! Show us the way to salvation! How do I protect my children from this?
- The only enemy we have is no the south: the Stupi
- The rate of winking out is increasing, maybe we have a year, or a month
- We only have 150 000 Brothers fit for fighting, spreading all the border to maintain the illusion of the invincible army
- The population is gathering at 13 Great Altars around the country.
- On the north is the great winter land, we don't know what's up there, we hadn't needed to ventured there before
- Our people live with nature, resources were plentiful, we don't make anything new, if the old still serve us well enough (my cloths were of my great grand..)
- I have no illusion of getting out of this the easy way, saving even one of the Altar is good enough
- The Lovestones were the manifestation of our deceased ones's love, there's nothing magical about it, but we're not giving it away
- Father is a title of a leader (equivalent of a lord), High Father is the king
- Mother is a title of a psychic healer, their only purpose is to maintain the positive emotional atmosphere
- Lovestones offer no magical power, they slowly crystallized from nothing where someone (of that race) died.
Third person perspective: The Wussname is a close people. They're not very friendly to strangers. Everything about them is pretty much ambiguous, plenty of rumors, nobody sure. The Stupi thought the Lovestones are the source of their psychic power, so obviously his Evilness wants it. The Stupi tried many kind tactics against them but couldn't make a noticeable victory in decades. One day, he forced villagers (infected with a terrible disease that is well known in his country) to take up arms and march into the Wussname. Then he quarantine his borders, shoot anything that try to cross and at the same time, lied to his men to continue the attacks as usual to pretend that he had nothing to do with spreading the disease (he had good public image).