A genetic mutation is causing people to have a cerebrovascular accident as soon as they think or do something considered immoral by the society in which they live.
For instance, in most countries, in the following situations, these people would immediately die of stroke:
- Someone sees a nice watch and he thinks of stealing it.
- Someone is very angry, he thinks of hurting someone else.
- A man sees a women and thinks of cheating on his wife.
In some societies where people have different education and moral values, a similar action would not provoke the death.
- In a tribal village, killing someone else might be considered brave, so thinking about doing it will not provoke a stroke.
- In a terrorist group, thinking of killing your enemy is considered your mission, so it will not provoke a stroke.
While in some other societies where moral rules are more precise, people would die for "minor" thoughts.
- In a religious village, a woman dies when she starts gossiping or judging others.
- Someone dies because he spits on the sidewalk.
All humans have this mutation, it has been triggered by global warming and is irreversible.
What could happen in such a world? Would most people die because of the rule of society? Would small group of link minded individuals flourish? Would people start moving towards other countries to be able to think freely? How could one control its thoughts to avoid dying?