What would be a viable alternative self defense ranged weapon that is not a firearm and also that are not primitive like a crossbow or a spear?
What is a ranged weapon that can be used for self defense that does not use exploding propellant (firearm) or that is not primitively connected to any device before the firearm.
- It must be a ranged weapon
- The damage must be inflicted from a consumable part/component
- The consumable part/component must not be permanently attached to the weapon before used upon the attacker
- The consumable part/component must not be attached at all after used upon the attacker
- Its range must be effective from 1 meter to 25 meters or more
- It must effectively inert an attacker unconscious for self defence purposes, preferably not kill someone, but if not otherwise unavoidable, kill an attacker (maybe 2 settings, stun and kill?).
- It must not be defined as a firearm (thus use burning propellant by means of ignition to create an explosion to propel a projectile)
- It must be easy to operate, not more complicated than a pistol for instance
- A person with same ability to use a pistol must be able to operate the weapon
- It must be safe to use for the person using it
- The resources to use it must be easily obtainable
- The consumables to use it must be easily obtainable
- It must not be expensive to use
- It must not be far more expensive than a regular firearm used for self defence
- Only the targeted attacker must experience the effect of using the weapon, i.e. no environmental damages
- The weapon must be at least 80 to 90% effective in all aspects regarding a weapon for self defence
I have thought about the following:
- Death ray - but where and how will the energy and ray be created.
- Ionization gun - same as above, not powerful enough.
- Ultrasonic gun - will hit more than just the target/attacker.
- EMP Pulse gun - where to get energy and how to get it to be powerful and how to only hit target.
- Projectile gun using magnetized acceleration - how to get powerful enough to be effective.