- How can I explain that it only rains at night (i.e. from dusk till dawn) in a certain region?
- Can or must I make this meteorological phenomenon apply planet-wide?
- Can or must I restrict rainfall to a certain season?
- Could it rain each and every night?
- What would happen during a total solar eclipse?
(On an alien planet this could happen more often than on Earth.)
- Is there a place like that on actual Earth, in which climate?
(I know it tends to rain each evening before sunset in tropic regions which can support rain-forests.)
The preferred, but not required, climate is moderate to warm with little influence of the seasons on highest (~ 30 °C), average and lowest (> 0 °C) daily temperatures. The sun must not shine too hot or bright, i.e. Earth-like vegetation (grass, bushes, trees, crops) must be possible. Geologic features like mountain ridges, ocean sides etc. can be chosen freely, as can humidity.