Several hundred years from now, humans have successfully terraformed the Moon. It has become a fad for the rich and powerful to have exotic residences built in exotic locations. The richest person in the Solar System decides to have his built on the newly terraformed moon. You are the architect. What does his home look like?
Some constraints & assumptions:
- We realize the Moon will eventually lose its atmosphere. Either they have a method of replenishing the Moons volatiles or the humans are shortsighted enough to not care - so do not worry about doing a reality check on this.
- Atmospheric pressure is standard Earth atmospheric pressure at sea level.
- The hydrosphere is at the reference "Datum".
- Colonization of the Moon is just starting so there's no restrictions on which location you pick
Other stuff (some neat factoids that might be useful in your design).
- To create Earth atmospheric pressure on the Moon requires a great deal more mass of air (6x more) - meaning radiation levels on the Moon are much lower than on Earth
- Under these conditions a fit person can, with their arms, generate 1.3 - 1.5x the amount of force required to fly.
- Under these conditions a fit person should be able to run fast enough to cross a body of water without falling in.
- A person should be able to survive falls 6x higher than the ones they could survive on Earth.
- Running would be awkward. The decreased gravity gives the runner much less traction (friction).
- It'd take a while to relearn how to catch falling objects.
- The Moon would still experience Solar Tides with a high tide occurring every 15 days and I'd expect it to be about 3x as high as terrestrial tides.
- Earthlight would be about 40x brighter than Moonlight is.
- Based upon utilization of the environment for the "wow" factor.
- The owner wants to show off his new house, so it needs to be accessible to his friends.
- This location needs to be reachable for resupply too.
- Use of architectural features (probably but not necessarily to tie into location) to wow his guests
- Use of the environment differences of the Lunar Colony from Earth to wow his guests.
- Any unique situation experience which is especially pleasing or
pleasurable that can't be done on Earth (e.g. how would it feel to float on an air hockey table as a bed?)