In my world the people live on a habitable moon of a gas giant, they are around 200-300 years more advanced in technology, but their culture is reminiscent of the Victorian era. Recently they discovered a planet closer to the sun around 30 AU away (or 2788674218.19 miles) it was covered in vegetation and appeared to have no sapient life, after decades of work and travel they arrived only to find an indigenous population of aliens. The original people from the moon dealt with indigenous people of a different species on their own world (similar to Columbus) and they now have to deal with it again, how would they deal with the indigenous population?
The advanced culture:
- Their culture is similar to 1930 New York at this time.
- The leader of the primary superpower of their world has been the leader for 20 years.
- Unlike humans the people of this world evolved to have an attraction to the unknown and another world of nature is the ultimate unknown their religion is also focus on new experiences.
- The Earthen equivalent of cost is 20 million plus 1000 for every 100 pounds, the reason it is so cheap is because in their government system the people provide the government with a high level of discount in exchange for a lack of taxes.
- The interests of the expedition are mainly scientific and slightly political.
- The people of this world will do almost anything to learn new information.
- Their end goal would be to learn everything of the new world that they can.
- They will start by avoiding a fight, but when war does break out, they will be merciless.
The indigenous culture:
- Their culture consists of local family group and tribes that are in an unstable peace.
- The leaders of these tribes vary too much to accurately describe them.
- The tribes would react with fear and avoid the new people.
- After the initial fear wears off, they would act similar to the Aztecs.