I would like to destroy a Dyson Sphere so it leaves big chunks of scrap metal with no habitable zones left, but still with enough structure to hold building-sized blocks.
The destruction shouldn't be man made.
Sphere Description (ordered from the sun to the outer layers):
- Habitable Zone: cities, agricultural farms, places
- Support Zone: electricity and water supply, first structure level
- Main structure: the other structure levels where everything is built on.
- Spaceports and Cargo System: an infrastructure on the outside where spaceships can dock and a network of "Trains" transport cargo
- Shield Pylons: for shielding the whole Thing against little meteoroids and ships.
I've described the hull of the sphere about 200 - 500 meters thick.
What could make such an impact on the Sphere? How would the destruction progress after the initial "blow" hit the Sphere?
ETA: This question has been refocused slightly, as such some of the answers below are a little out of date.