So, this race of Wussname are a peaceful people. Each and everyone of them possess this weird ability of sympathy that allows them synchronize their emotions and share their knowledge with other each within a short range of a hundred meters or so. Their warriors are not as numerous as mine. At their best, I still outnumber them four to one. Their physical prowess and weaponry are about the same as mine. But, somehow, they have effectively refused to submit and resisted my forces.
The thing is, I have never wanted to conquer them. I only like to claim those rich mines of Unobtainium deep inside their territory. And the idiots refused all attempts at negotiation, bribery or infiltration. And they called me evil while I only want those resources to build more advanced armies and plunder other countries.
So, how would I effectively destroy these people. I would prefer keeping them alive to torture them later, but extermination is fine too.
Notes: My army consists of mostly medieval infantry, about a tenth is cavalry, a tenth have cannons. I also have a hundred of Dragon knights but they are expensive and I would prefer to keep them for another day, since I heard there is another country that have a lot of flying fighting bird thingies.
Edit1: My army outnumbers them, but but their warriors are significantly more skilled since they can share fighting knowledge and experience. I estimated that one of them could potentially kill 2.7 of mine. But I don't want to mobilize all of mine just to kill them, because there are bigger Bads behind my back. I need to defend my border too.
Since the beginning, they refused all my attempts at infiltration covert or not (they can spot my spies right away). They said out right that 'NO deals with the Devil!'
Half of my vanguard are torturers, killing and torturing as they go. What they do, even I feel it creepy sometimes, and yet it did not break the psychic freaks. It enraged them further, boosted their damage. Beside, the reports said they have squads of specialized healers to soothe the warriors and correct the minds of broken men I released.
Edit 2: Since everybody seem to forget that the enemy is smart and have a lot of advantages over my forces. I'll list all the reasons (I can think of) of why was it so hard to kill them.
- Near instant message relay.
- Perfect battle coordination. Imagine there is a mind sitting behind a screen called "computer" stopping time to arrange troops in perfect position.
- Perfect group cooperation. Deadly in back-to-back fighting.
- Individual combat mastery, one of their warriors equals 2.7 (only estimation could be more). Consider all of them are veterans.
- No negotiation. Can spot spy or assassin right away.
- Have psychic healers to drive battle moods in any way, it's safe to assume that they're always in the right mental state to shatter armies.
- Their uniforms look so weird you can't tell who their officers are, not sure if they need one.
- Psychic range is about 100 meters. Putting a wall between them would not stop it.
- They're are peaceful, they resent killing but have nothing against severing an arm or leg and leave you bleeding.
- My country faces four nations with Wussname to the north, all the other neighboring countries are enemies we are constantly engaged in wars.
- I have a truce with Whatcha to the west, promised to give them 20% loot. It means I'm currently using only half of my numbers actively fighting Wussname. It takes 2 weeks with double horses to ride across my country. Marching is slower. I don't like to mobilize all my troops unless I have a good reason to do so.
- Their General is as good as any commander who has survived 30 years of continuous warfare, and is good at winning wars.
- No idea where their weapons come from, but it is as good as mine. Same level of technology (medieval).
- Known practical weapons: Bow, cross bow, cannon (powerful but expensive and ammunition are slow in production), lancers, steel swords, pikes and stuff. Dragons are for quick hits or special operations only. Armors is mostly leather and anything anyone can buy, it's hard to fully equip 750,000 men with steel.