Picture this: all of a sudden, at precisely 12:00 PM on February 29th, a magical condition immediately takes effect on all humans in this earth-like society. After this time strikes, any person under the age of 21 but over the age of 10 which has knowingly consumed alcohol for purposes other than religious ceremonies will now be affected by a condition where the skin on their hands will glow when exposed to ultraviolet light. This condition is not permanent, but lasts for a decent amount of time (measurable by a formula.)
A few notes about the condition:
- It is determined by magical means, therefore there are no loopholes. Assume that an omniscient being is enforcing the affliction.
- The glowing is only the skin on your hands, and only under ultraviolet light within a certain frequency (think blacklight.)
- Your hands will fade over time, but the glowing effect will not completely fade until the time specified by the following formula: (21-F) years + L, where F is the age you were when you first contracted the affliction, and L is the time where you last consumed alcohol under these conditions.
- Assume that there is no cure for this condition.
- Alcohol, for the purposes of this question, only includes recreational alcohol in food and beverages.
- The "religious ceremony" condition only covers ceremonies preexisting before the time in which this condition first affects the population. It is intended to cover things like the Christian ceremony of Communion.
Please explain how the following factors would be affected by this change:
The answer that provides the most detail in those categories will be accepted.
Alternatively, you could explain how a society would evolve from its roots with this condition preexisting, but I believe it is more interesting for it to occur spontaneously. Therefore, answers in this category will not be considered as high priority for acceptance.
EDIT: In response to my question being put on hold as too broad, you can address how all these factors would change if the effect only lasted 24 hours.