I’m back with a question about the monsters of Algennon, a fantasy setting full of magic and danger. This question is about a member of the Pudding family (sluglike creatures that vary greatly in natural weapons): the Licorice Pudding, a dark purple slug monster covered in tentacles it can electrify and use to kill prey. It evolved on the rocky shores of the Chalcanthite Sea, slightly aided by the transmutation magic and selective breeding of the Fomorians, who I’ll describe better another day soon. Anyway, the Licorice Pudding, like its peasoupy brethren, has a distinct smell (of licorice in this case), is the size of a human head, and has two small eyes and a few mouth tentacles. Another ability, like Peasoupers, is the power to spawn from water, in this case water that has been struck by lightning. Storms are pretty common on the Chalcanthite Shore, so some days you will see Licorice Puddings crawling out of the seas in droves. Due to the Fomorian’s meddling, Licorice Puddings are more aggressive than normal and seek out settlements to torment in the standard ways (eating their food, electrocuting their militia, and causing electrical fires). So, with all the criteria in this question, what’s the best way for medieval people to defend their settlements against Licorice Puddings? Keep in mind I’m not asking for an actual military plan, because that would vary based on the settlement, number of Puddings, and all that stuff. I need a strategy that will work on all Licorice Puddings.
- Licorice Puddings rarely organize with others of their kind, but strangely, will often join in groups with other Puddings.
- They eat mostly plants in the wild, but will eat any food that people prepare just to spite them.
- A Licorice Pudding can put out 500 volts, which can cause severe burns, internal injury, and cardiac arrest.
- The people of Algennon have medieval technology. The most advanced creation is a rudimentary printing press, which has no use in direct warfare. Answers must fit with the technology level.
- They can’t move super fast, and at their quickest can move 10 km/h.