In this universe, a type of bacteria has been created by evil people who want to kill everyone else has been infecting people and turning them into zombies. Here's how it works:
An unfortunate person gets infected, then the unfortunate person dies. After the unfortunate person dies the corpse is preserved (The bacteria brutally murders other pathogens that are near/in the body that cause decomposition) and the brain neurons are brought back. When someone dies it takes a while for the neurons to die as well so I think it's possible. :) The brain cells also get mutated so they would be xenotolerant and anaerobic. The infected unfortunate person rises a minute after death to eat other guys. Yay.
In this case what would a zombie's brain look like if (By this I mean: Which parts of the brain will get destroyed/affected, and how would the brain be shaped like in the end if the destroyed parts are broken down as food for the bacteria?):
- The zombies have absolutely no emotion at all. (For example no more morality, empathy, or remorse. Also no more anger, happiness, excitment, sadness, or fear.) They also don't have a memory function.
- They don't feel/don't react to pain.
- They have an insatisable desire to eat the flesh of non-zombie humans. They are also attracted by sound/light sources.
- They constantly move at a speed of 1.5mph, maybe slower if they are crawling because their legs are bashed in. They try to knock down things that stand in their way but they are too dumb to find a way around. Zombies have enough muscle memory to let them climb staircases.
- They are dumb and can't communicate or reason.
Anything I did wrong or did not make clear, tell me and I will fix it.
EDIT: I specified that zombies walk because I can't think of why zombies choose to shamble their way to their victims instead of sprinting. Explain this if you could too please