I'm running a Cyberpunk Red TTRPG. In the setting:
- Combat is mainly ranged with modern/near-future small arms.
- Cybernetic limbs and bodies which are equal (in some cases superior) to organic counterparts are commonplace and accepted in society. Fear inhibitors can be installed, and are seen without stigma or glory, just similar to another piece of technology like Night-Vision Goggles (or Night Vision Cybereyes).
- Death is permanent. Mortally wounded individuals can be rapidly stabilized with certain technologies and their crippled bodies can be replaced (see 2).
- Most combatants will either be untrained (uncohesive) gangers or highly trained (cohesive, moderately motivated, costly) corporate soldiers.
- Human lives are seen as more disposable but not that disposable.
How will these things (mainly bulletpoint 2 and 3) affect the willingness of combatants to fight? Say, two squads of 10 corp soldiers, how many casualties will they have to sustain before they start to retreat/rout, compared to real life small squads?
Edit: To provide more details about this world:
These are 20 highly trained soldiers working for a corporation. Some have signed up to be corporate soldiers since economic opportunities are few elsewhere, some sign up from family tradition, and are not necessarily organically loyal to the corporation.
The soldiers should have the social characteristics of an average contemporary military squad. So, late teens to mid 20s, from a variety of social backgrounds. Please let me know what extra information about this world may be needed.