In the story I am creating the fantasy race I am creating is roughly 10-20 feet tall from the tip of their ears to the end of their tail in water, and out of water 8-10 foot tall from tip of their ears to the bottom of their feet. But lately in the story they are going to the humans' areas regularly and spending more time on land. The humans in this world are just like normal humans and are 5-6 foot tall.
Here is some information on the fantasy race if you need it:
- They are mostly bipedal, have scales covering all over, and live all throughout the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean, also the Antarctic Ocean but that has a population under 1 million.
- Those who live closer to shore have darker skin (In many colors, mainly green and blue but also come in pink, yellow, orange, red and such). But those that live in the trenches have very light to almost white skin...well more so very thin scales.
- They also have toxic barbs at the side of their feet, that can leave a blue whale unconscious for 1 hour. And Talons that have grips on them to hold on to their pray.
- They hunt in small family groups and bring back whatever they catch back to their town. (Towns have roughly 100,000+ individuals at any given time and send out multiple hunting parties a week).
- They can go one month max without food, before they slowly die within a few weeks to starvation, though they prefer to eat daily, about on to two meals a day, but if needed (food shortage) they can happily go on week with a few meals.
- They have at least 4 eggs a clutch and 2 of four die due to a common childhood disease that makes their gills constrict to the point no air gets to their lungs. Families normally have 10 clutches on average. The eggs have a very thin and somewhat flexible shell that is easily broken with cornered objects.
- Around 8/10 children who don't get the deadly disease (that I mentioned earlier) reach age 18 and roughly 6/10 of those live long enough to reproduce on their own.
- Tiger like stripes on the face or arms are favorable in partners due to it being a sign of high fertility — Except for the Trench subspecies since they're partially blind (to the point they only see the outlines of shapes and features and mainly focus on smell).
- The trench subspecies mainly focus on the smell of their partners, for feminine genders it's favorable to have a sweet scent, for masculine genders its favorable to have an ash and sulfuric scent.
- Most Trench Subdominants are lower in society and work in ore/coal mines that are manufactured into goods and traded with other seafolk and sold within the shops and higher cities. As a result, these subdominants are greatly valued in the society but highly looked down upon and scoffed at their needs by many emperors. So, they often get whatever trickles down to the depths of society (Hehe see what I did there). So they get a lot less food and resources than the higher ups.
- They tend to weigh 400 pounds on average and be 10 foot tall. Their lifespan is up to 3000 years at max, average is 2000. (20 human years= 1 subdominant year).